The mission of the Whitney Child Centre is to provide community child care based on learning through play in a dynamic environment.
Welcome to the Whitney Child Centre
Offering quality, flexible child care for over 30 years
Established in 1983, the Whitney Child Centre (WCC) is a valued part of the Rosedale/Moore Park community. We are located in the same building as Whitney Public School and meet the neighbourhood demand for quality child care. We are Provincially Licensed for children aged between 18 months and 12 years, and have a Purchase of Service Agreement with the City of Toronto. We are a not-for-profit centre with a Board of Directors.
We offer toddler, preschool, kindergarten and school-age programs. We have exemplary teachers, who are both well qualified and experienced to ensure they meet your child’s needs. Our Registered ECE teachers provide an exciting, creative, fun and hands-on learning environment. Staff use the Emergent Curriculum approach for planning and programming, teachers use Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT) as a framework for planning and reporting to families.
The WCC is an integral part of the Whitney Public School, which offers our toddler and preschool children a rare opportunity to witness the larger scale of school life while still in a nurturing environment. Our children experience a smooth transition to elementary school in safe and familiar surroundings. We co-ordinate with the public school to offer a “seamless” day for kindergarten and school-aged children. Our very safe and stimulating outside playarea was fully renovated in 2009.
We offer a ten-month program from September to June
The mission of the Whitney Child Centre is to provide community child care based on learning through play, in a dynamic environment centred on the development of the whole child.
We have many flexible options for enrolment that meet
both full-time and part-time care needs.
The Whitney Child Centre is committed to improving access and opportunity for individuals with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers that may interfere with their ability to make full use of our facilities. If you require a specific accomodation or are experiencing difficulty accessing our services because of a disability, please contact the Centre Supervisor, Kim Challenger, so that arrangements can be made for an appropriate accommodation, to the extent it is possible. The Whitney Child Centre also has a feedback process available for persons with a disability to ensure we are servicing and meeting all our client’s needs in an accessible manner. Please contact us to tell us how we are doing. Contact Kim Challenger by phone or email: 416 481 0211, email@example.com, or fill in a customer service feedback form which found on our website or in our lobby. We are also happy to meet with you in person.
- “We’ve been at the centre for 8 years. All three of our kids had the privilege of being able to experience the WCC. I cannot say enough about the program and the teachers. They are thoughtful, nurturing, kind and extremely loving with the children. The work they do goes above and beyond, and as a parent you couldn’t ask for anything more. They’re diverse in what they expose the kids to (cultural traditions), bring in different programs to try (monkeynastixs), celebrate many different festivals and most of all engage the kids. My son gets sad on the weekend because he’s not going to school. The WCC is the most perfect place for kids to learn, grow, develop and be nurtured. We will miss Kim and all the teachers smiling faces. We feel very lucky to have spent the last 8 years with everyone.
- Thank you so much for the wonderful work you do in teaching our son important life skills. Your lovely personalities helped to make the transition to school so comfortable. J is happy and remarks almost daily that he “had such a good day”.
- Thank you for fostering a caring and nurturing space in which to learn. H’s face lights up as we enter the classroom and/or playground and he truly seems engaged in the curriculum.
- It would be hard to imagine a more nurturing and caring environment.
- Professionally run programs, well thought out, great staff.
- J truly looks forward to school every day and loves being in your class. Thanks for creating such a lovely classroom for him to grow in.
- Thank you for making M’s first experience away from home such a positive one! Your patience, caring, love and support are so appreciated.
- Thank you so much for putting such big smiles on our kids faces. We hope their enthusiasm for school stays for many years thanks to their positive experiences here.
- Thank you for all your hard work and dedication with B this year. B has loved coming to school each day, thanks to you.
- Thank you so much for the kindness, warmth and security you give to S while she is at school. She adores you both and we are so grateful that she has two wonderful teachers to help her grow and flourish.